For many parents, there are a number of stressors that come along with sending your child to college. Whether they are leaving their childhood home or commuting to school, preparing yourself for this time will help ease the tension and allow you to offer your children advice for when that time comes.
In this episode, Kris Dureau talks about the conversations you should be having with your children about finances prior to them leaving for college or university. Unfortunately, children are not taught financial literacy in high school or university, leaving them to figure it out as they make mistakes, which can be avoided with your new expertise in this area.
- The importance of setting clear expectations for your child before they graduate
- The benefits of living in a dorm and experiencing life independently during this age
- The significance of maintaining good credit during those four years of school
- Teaching your children to monitor cash flow ins and outs monthly
- And more!
Connect with Kris Dureau:
- Green Private Wealth
- Facebook: Green Private Wealth
- LinkedIn: Kris Dureau
- LinkedIn: Green Private Wealth
- Book a call with Kris
- Harbourfront Wealth Management